Monday, October 24, 2011

Thy will.....not mine.

This morning I woke up to a cats meow and instrumental Christmas music drifting from my daughters room, one was pleasant and the other....I have to admit I tried to ignore it but, I was not able to the poor pitiful kitty saying please wake up I want you to pay attention to me....How often can we say that we "meow" at God especially when we do not see things going the way we think they should. We want attention for various reasons and like the kitty we keep at it, God (just my opinion) will let us keep at it until we can fully let go of the situation and let Him have it. The longer we go the more frustrated we become, the more angry and depressed we get until, we have successfully made our lives a HUGE mess. Jesus even did not want to bear what God wanted but, He did...Matthew 26:39 says He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will". (NKJ) Jesus had a "human" moment but, it was just a moment, at this time Jesus did not have the "sinner" nature. That came when He was on the cross, when Jesus uttered the words "it is finished" is when we had the chance for ultimate forgiveness because, Jesus took our sin and shame and bore it for us. It is NOT our will but, Gods that we should desire. Paul was talking in 2 Corinthians 12 about a thorn in his flesh and begging God to remove it three times and God said NO!!! 2 Corinthians 12:9 says And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. (NKJ) Paul then goes on to say he will gladly take the infirmities and everything that comes with it for Christ because in  weakness is strength....(I paraphrased quite a bit).  I am NOT perfect I do not want to be, that would be a responsibility I could not handle but, I am learning with things in my life that God will get His way in everything. It is just up to me on how long it takes to happen.....The more we fight it the longer it takes if we surrender ourselves to God and let Him pilot our life there will be less turbulation. Buckle up Ladies and Gentlemen with God at the wheel it should be an interesting ride.......Can you say "not MY will but, Your will be done?

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.