Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like.......

As of right now there are 81 days 17 hours and 5 minutes until Christmas. I am seeing Christmas things being displayed in stores now and the song 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" keeps running through my brain. I hear instrumental Christmas music drifting from my daughters room as she sleeps and soon it will be coming from my sons as well. My desire is to get people to see why I celebrate all year long....let them call me crazy, nuts, insane I am ok with that. I have heard that Jesus may not have been born on December 25th but, in the Spring...so someone picked a random day in a different time of year to that I say What is the difference? at least now we get what would be once a year believers (that is if both Christmas and Easter were close) to twice a year believers it doubles the chance to minister to them and hopefully lead them to being EVERYDAY believers.......who wouldn't want that opportunity? People love the "feeling" that comes with Christmas the warm fuzzys you get, the Joy, how about Love, Compassion, Peace, Giving to others and lets not forget the goodwill towards men, women and kids too. These are GREAT to have at Christmas BUT, (thats a big one) shouldn't we have that ALL year? It would be nice to have warm fuzzys so have a cup of tea with someone you love they may need cheering up. Joy well thats obvious It says in the last part of  Nehemiah 8:12 the joy of the Lord is our strength I do not know about you but God's strength is what gets me through sometimes. Love I do believe that is an important one, John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. (NKJ) Jesus said that to us I am thinking we need to listen. Compassion....everyone needs compassion and it seems more evident at Christmas time then any other time I have seen (just my opinion here), Peace this I think is more for ourselves we need to have peace every day of our lives yet it seems to be more of a Holiday decoration....Giving to others as we can even small things like a hug, or a smile or a quick note to let someone know they are thought of. Goodwill toward men, women and kids too...well I think that kinda goes along with love one another, and go out in to all the world....I for one think all of these should be present in our everyday lives, and if they were the opportunities to minister would be abundant and I want to minister. So the "Feelings" of Christmas I want in my life so I can show the world Jesus...after all Christmas is all about Jesus and since we believe in Him I think we should Celebrate Him all year long not just for a few weeks.....

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.