Monday, October 17, 2011

Sarah Laughed.....

Sarah laughed.......I think I would too. In Genesis God promised Abraham and Sarah a child, they waited and waited and ok you get the picture they were OLD!!!! When Isaac was born Sarah was in her 90's and Abraham somewhere around 100 give or take a few....WAY past the age of having a kid. When God makes a promise He keeps it we may just have to wait for it for a while or a really long time but, it will come. As we walk in our lives and worship God and develop our relationship with Him we will start to get an understanding that yes indeed He will not fail and HE WILL KEEP HIS WORD to us. Where I am sitting or standing or walking or running at times, I have to trust that God will provide. I need a job, we need a home to call our own and it looks like it won't happen but, God has a plan up His infinite sleeve and at just the right moment KA-BAM!!!! its raining blessings and yes I meant to say RAINING. Sarah and Abraham took it upon themselves to fulfill the promise that God gave them and that is not what God had planned.....ya well DUH!!! When we take it upon ourselves to "provide" Gods promise to us on our own, it is bound to backfire in such catastrophic proportions that it will take a work of GOD to fix. It would have just been easier to LET GOD do it....don't you think? I love the teachings my Pastor is doing in Genesis it allowed me to see that they were not perfect they had their struggles too and it is seriously a very well played out Soap Opera, so much better than the Young and the Restless, or Days of our Lives. When we can step back and relax and let God do His thing we will find it to be a tad easier on us and our lives and the lives of those around us. God was sitting right there with Abraham when Sarah laughed and he asked why did Sarah laugh saying surely I am to old to bear a child? (paraphrasing here) He then went on to say (and I just love this part) "Is anything to hard for the Lord"? He went on to say other things but, that question sure is a doozy don't you think? Promises Promises Promises and God will keep every one of them....Sarah laughed, will you?

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

2 comments:

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.