Sunday, October 30, 2011

Be thankful....a tad early!

Today I am so happy to tell you that my children got baptized. I have to say that when I got baptized it was an amazing experience but, to watch my kids get baptized was truly moving. I wanted to cry tears of Joy but, I held them back. Today was altogether a blessed day full of love, joy, and God, with a serving of attitude and a side of arguments. I did get the lights put on my house today and I light them tomorrow, I am so excited to light my lights for the first time of the year. I am lighting them tomorrow because halloween is a day that I consider to be of the devil and I want to SHINE Jesus. As we wind down the weekend and we approach November I want to challenge everyone to find one thing to be thankful for everyday of November. I heard about this from a friend and I decided to try it. I believe, if you are thankful for something everyday you will see things in a new light. Psalm 28:7 says The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song. Give thanks to God when things are going good and especially when they are not, maybe just maybe you will find yourself with a happier heart. I will start 2 days early I am thankful that God has enough confidence in me to raise my kids, hopefully the way He wants me too and, that I have the strength to follow through on consequences when they are needed....I hope! I find myself second guessing myself and wondering if I am doing this or that right and, I think at times that I am the WORST mom EVER!!! I have looked up some verses in the Bible and in Deuteronomy it talks about if your child is rebellious and does bad things they stoned them (paraphrasing here A LOT) but, in Psalms 127 it says that children are gifts from God, they are I fully agree but, they can so totally be a handful as well. it says in Proverbs 29:15 The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother. I find myself sighing and wondering why God chose me for this task? Then I am reminded at how much joy I get from my kids, frustrating times and all. I would never trade them for anything so I take a big breath and let it all out I give them to God and we continue our journey through life. I am also thankful for the best parenting handbook  EVER written.

That's my thoughts for the day,


Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.