Friday, October 14, 2011

Simplicity is bliss.....

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, Brown paper packages tied up with string, These are a few of my favorite things.......these may have been Maria's favorite things but, not so much mine...I LOVE the movie and all of the music in it but, if I had to list my favorite things it might go something like this.....Snowflakes on holly and sleigh bells on reindeer, Lots of good wishes that fills you with good cheer, opening the door for carolers to sing these are a few of my favorite things....there are 72 days 16 hours and 30 minutes until the greatest Birthday ever I can not wait...what memories do you have of  the Holidays? Do you stress or enjoy them? I know I have mentioned this before but when ever I say how many days until Christmas I get groans at least from the adults the kids go YAY!!! People stress out so much it makes them not enjoy anything about the Holidays, and that just is not right. God wants joy in our lives and stress flat out TAKES IT AWAY!!! We should celebrate celebrate dance to the music as we are rocking around the Christmas tree, and we dream of a White Christmas as we go over the river and through the woods. Let us not forget to listen to sleigh bells ring and we as parents are wishing for a silent night.....but, I am telling you to have yourself a Merry little Christmas. Breathe let the stress go and take time for yourself once in a while to decompress have an eggnog or pumpkin spice latte re-evaluate what you want to accomplish and make changes. Nothing has to be elaborate Jesus was born in a barn not the Hilton simplicity is bliss. Go all out if you want just remember it can be fun and simple and still be beautiful. God is not complicated we make things complicated therefore we stress and worry so much and it affects the whole season. Take time to stop and smell the evergreen and breathe in life and let go of stress.

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.