Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Defeat your Goliath....

David must have been scrawny.....the youngest of  eight sons and only the three eldest went to war....Goliath now he was a BIG man if my calculations are right TEN feet tall (or more)  for an average person that in it self is intimidating but, to have more then one Goliath? That is down right scary. We encounter goliath's in our lives everyday, it can be scary when we come across them because, they can seem so much bigger and stronger then us. David had a courage that no one else had, he had a strength that again no one else had yet, he was mocked and his brother got angry with him...his own brother that must have been hurtful and frustrating for David. Now fast forward to our time....I can think of several times in my life where I had to face goliath, and my goliath's were bigger badder and meaner and,  in some cases my goliath's won. I know goliath won because my trust in God my Father was not there, my faith had wavered and I was weary. If we keep God in our court like David did then, God who is much bigger then a ten foot giant will give us the upper hand. 1 Samuel 17:45-47 says Then David said to the Philistine, You come to me with sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in THE NAME OF THE LORD OF HOSTS, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God of Israel. Then all this assembly shall know that The Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord's and He will give you into our hands. (NKJ) So no matter what battle you are fighting or what war is raging around you, hold on to the courage like David did to face what is plaguing you and to show the strength that David had to stand up and tell your goliath that you come in the name of the LORD of hosts. Ephesians 6:12 says For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (NKJ)  We can face our goliath's because we have someone bigger, stronger, more powerful then any goliath we will ever face and in God we can stand tall and confidant that even if we may lose some battles with God we will win the war.

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.