Saturday, October 22, 2011

Night before Christmas anyone?? My way....

I Love Mark Lowry's "Pipers Night Before Christmas" I have tried a time or two to write a clever poem about the night before Christmas but, I was not ever happy with how it sounded so I tossed them out. I am gonna try again......My version of what happened the night before Christmas.....

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the Country every creature was stirring including the donkey. Mary was sitting upon the poor donkeys back really wanting down so she could take a nap.

The baby was kicking and stirring inside her saying mommy it is almost time for me to arrive here. The town was ahead the end was in sight Mary started to relax and not be so uptight.

They got all checked in the deed was done the taxes are settled and those are no fun. Time to go find a place to rest only to hear we have no beds.

But, my wife is with child what can we do?? I am sorry sir we just have NO ROOM. Inn after Inn they were told the same thing  Joseph was weary and Mary was too.

Joseph helped her down as Mary said, I am so tired this can not be right, we have been looking for a room all night. The last Inn keeper over heard her and had to say, I may have SOMEWHERE you can stay...

It is not a room I am sorry to say but, I will let you sleep in my stable with clean hay. We will take it!!! how much do I pay? There is no charge for you this day.

They got settled in with the blankets and hay Mary wanted to rest it had been a long day. Rest she would not get...for the baby decided it is time for Him to come, with the old day behind them and the new one just begun.

In a field not so far away were Shepherds and sheep saying Good Night to the day, they had watched the line of people going towards town and they were so happy they were not around but, their happiness was about to be turned upside down.

For right in front of them in a very bright light  stood a whole bunch of Angels what a beautiful sight...They sang for unto you is born this day a baby lying in a manger filled with hay.

Go to the town all filled with people, go find the King it should be simple. Follow the star that is shining so bright it will be your guiding light. So to the town they went not quite in dismay to find the king that was born on this day.

When they arrived what a Glorious thing to see they could not help but go down on bended knee A King was before them so tiny and small yet, He was to be the Greatest King of them all. They Bowed and worshiped and visited all night the King that was born to save all of our lives.

That my friends is what happened on the night before CHRISTmas.....

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.