Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Is it all about you or God?

The Ladies of my Church have started the Beth Moore Bible study of Daniel and I am excited to do the homework for the first session. Beth was talking about us being surrounded by our own Babylon, and by being surrounded by our Babylon it becomes all about me and not about God (I am paraphrasing here). We have all heard the questions when making a deal with someone "what's in it for me?" "what do I get out of it?" I am guilty of asking the same things at times. We are surrounded by a self centered, selfish, only looking out for me world that unfortunately, God seems to have been put on the back burner and forgotten. We get so involved in our lives that we really do not even notice until, something happens and we call out to God for help. Let me ask you this....Why should God listen? I do not know but, He does because, He loves us. When Israel was taken to Babylon there were only 4 that stood out they were the minority back then......and God was there with them through it, and blessed them for it. In this day and age I want to stand out, I want to conquer my Babylon not let it conquer me. God needs to be first in our lives, it should not be about me, it should be about God. Daniel refused to eat the King's food because he did not want to defile himself, we should not defile ourselves with the things of our Babylon. For each person, Babylon is different (my opinion here) and we have our own things to overcome but, I have good news...God will help us overcome, He will walk us through the fire, He will protect us from the lions den....if we allow Him to...by following Him and walking with Him. Give Babylon to God let Him help you conquer it...Philippians 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (NKJ) Through Christ we can conquer Babylon, take the 'ME' out of your life and put 'GOD' back in the middle....

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.