Sunday, October 16, 2011

I am accountable are you?

I have to say it is an odd feeling to be posting so late in the day but, this weekend has been so full of blessings that I think I am ok with that. My 9 year old daughter wants to start a blog too...she wants to call it the Mini Me of Mommy.....I think that is pretty cool that she wants to do what I am doing so, I am adding on to this blog for her so I can help her with it. It got me to thinking that we as adults are examples to our kids and they like to copy what we do. In some cases that is not a good thing. I am held accountable to be a good example to my kids because, if I do something that is not right or sinful and they copy it then it is on my head until they become of age to be accountable. It says in Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it. (NASB) That sounds like a good instruction to me and since it came from the best child raising manual around we should probably listen to it. I do not know about everyone else but, I mess up all of the time when it comes to raising my kids and sometimes, I wonder how God could have trusted me to raise them. I then realize that God does not make mistakes He is perfect after all and He does know what He is doing. I need to lay down myself and let God raise my kids through me....yes there will be times I take over and I will have to start again but, God being full of grace, mercy and forgiveness is patient and will continue to teach me through all my mess ups. I am excited for my daughter to start her blog she even wants to sign it Crazy for Bunny (her kitty) it should be fun to read as she gets older and matures....if she keeps up on it....I guess we shall see..

That's my though for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.