Saturday, October 1, 2011

How big is your mustard seed?

Yet again I sit here thinking...drinking my eggnog coffee and wondering how I should start. Faith comes to mind and, I am literally arguing with myself because, I have already posted about faith. Then something else pops up and says but faith never gets old. So faith it is, along the journey of life I have encountered many people that say to me "my faith is not strong enough". I have had people say you are stronger in your faith than I am, and to them I have had to say no i'm not. I struggle sometimes, I ask the question why? a lot......and yet I still believe why? because I believe without seeing. God IS there watching me and when I struggle, He will carry me through it. Hebrews 11:1 says...Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (NKJ) all I have to do is look around to know that God is there the trees, flowers, birds in the air all of it so wonderfully made by the one that made us. So my question is this, seeing what is around us, how can we not believe? God is evident in the small ways and, He is evident in the big ways, and I believe the biggest way He is evident is YOU!! Whether we have faith that is big or small the important thing is WE HAVE faith....Matthew 17:20 says...So Jesus said to them, Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, Move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. (NKJ)  Do you know how big a mustard seed is??? it is TINY!!!! so if we have to have just a small amount of faith to move a mountain, just imagine what we could do if our faith was huge.....With all of our struggles we can be assured of one thing, God is God and He always will be. We have to trust Him and have faith in Him....But, without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6 (NKJ). I am thinking God is pretty AWESOME and having faith even a small amount will give hope to those that feel it is all impossible.

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.