Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's God's opinion that counts not the worlds....

My day started late so therefore it makes my whole morning late but, that is ok it has given me time to adjust my thoughts and attempt to get them in order and somewhat organized. We all know I am not the most organized person in most cases...give me a fund raiser or a project to do and I am all over it. As I sit here and sip my oh so good and needed cup of coffee listening to Christmas music I am pondering the events of yesterday and what I need to do today. On my list of things for today is the usual chores and making a new flavor of cheesecake for the men's dinner at Church tonight and try to figure out dinner for the family all at the same time. All that I am putting on the back burner for now to bring up what happened yesterday to my little girl at school. I pick my daughter up at school almost everyday she is almost 10 and in 4th grade she likes school for the most part but, like every girl at that age she has issues with friends and now she is becoming more aware of how she looks I am thinking she is 9 going on 16 at times. Both of my kids have what I guess people call buck teeth and will need braces (and only with God's provision will they get them). Yesterday My daughter (I will call her K) K was in music and, a girl was singing off pitch and when they got back to class K mentioned to the other girl that she was singing a bit high on one of the songs. The girl turned around and said at least my teeth don't stick out when I sing....K said it is not my fault my teeth stick out...the answer K got was "yes it is". It devastated her she was crying when she came up to me and covering her mouth and saying I want braces NOW!!! I have to say the mommy in me was fuming and saying YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and I don't like stupid people but, the Jesus in me told her that we need to forgive mean people and love them because that is what God wants us to do. This morning I looked up some scriptures that I am going to show her this afternoon and hopefully help her see what God says about it and help her feel better....I have to say I LOVE my FaceBook friends they were so supportive and kind and that helped her feel better too. It says in Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. (NKJ) As believers we need to watch what we do and say because even something we may think is innocent may not be seen that way by others. We need to hold ourselves to higher standards then the world has. In Colossians 3:12-13 it says Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you must also do.(NKJ)  We must forgive because God says so plain and simple whether we want to or not. It says in Matthew 18:21-22 Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven." (NKJ) I am thinking it means DON'T keep track God always forgives us so we should always forgive others....(just my opinion). I know that I have covered some of this before but, I can not stress enough how important it is to grasp this. How we live will teach our kids to live, if we want revenge then that is what our kids will see and learn. In this other girls case she is the "new" kid in class and I told K maybe she is unsure of herself and just wants people to like her, or maybe she was made fun of herself at her last school. I will pray for this girl and K and maybe a new friendship will form and that would be really cool....God has His ways of working on and through us I pray I can teach my kids that in everything there are ways to minister to others. I told my daughter this morning that she was beautiful and that God made her in His image and He does not make mistakes...the final thought is this we should see ourselves how God sees us not how the world sees us.

That's my though for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.