Friday, October 28, 2011

Giving...NOT...Getting!

The chill in the air is a crisp reminder that winter is indeed coming, there are 2 days left until I get my Christmas lights put up and, I am very excited about that one. The time of Thankfulness, Joy and Reflection will soon be upon us, with those times there will be sadness, loneliness and frustration. So many people from the needy to the not so needy experience the last three of that list. It breaks my heart that so many view the Holidays with dread for what ever reason. We should be celebrating not crying, Jesus was not sent to Earth to bring sadness, He was sent to bring Joy, Love, Kindness, Peace....LIFE. My goal is to try and show at least one person the Joy of the season, the reason we have it and why I live it year round, with the hope of helping them see Christ. The gift of giving does not have to be extravagant, to see someones face light up with one kind gesture is beautiful. The other day there was a brother and sister in the grocery store, he was looking at squash when I walked in and asked me what they were so I told him. We got behind them at the checkout and I asked what are you doing with the squash? He said my mom is sick and I want to make her squash soup.....the cashier said that will be $1.51 the look on his face was pure devastation, he said it says .39 cents....the cashier said that is per pound. The boy hung his head and walked away my heart went out to him and his sister, I told the cashier I will get it. The cashier looked so surprised and a look of Joy came over his face, almost like he thought WOW there are good people in the world...He smiled really big and said here, you give it to them. I took the bag and handed it to the kids digging for more money I said here you go. The boy looked at the cashier (I think for approval) and he smiled the most wonderful smile, the most grateful smile and his sister was speechless. Both kids looked like it was Christmas morning and they got their mom the best gift ever. They both said thank you and left the store. My daughter then took her change and found the can that is out for a little boy who needs a new heart, she smiled at me when she dropped the money in the can. When I was driving away we saw them again, they were waving wildly and smiling and saying Thank You. That my friends, is what it should be about everyday, giving what you can either of yourself or, if you can, help someone at the store. The Holidays should be a happy time not because of what we get but, because of what we give.

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.