Friday, October 7, 2011

Instant Life???

I made instant oatmeal for my daughter before she ran out the door to go fishing today and it struck me, I prefer the regular oatmeal that actually has to cook over the just add hot water stuff. The texture and flavor seem different to me. Texture is important to the taste buds which brings up my next point (yes I do have a point)....I loved my slow cooker (yes I said I loved an inanimate object), it took its time to cook to the perfect tenderness and the juiciness and oh my goodness yummy, it takes time to make something really good. I had to say goodbye to my slow cooker as it went to appliance heaven a few months ago so, until I can get another one my slow cooking days are over......for food anyway. I have seen so many times in life people want instant this and instant that, we are a desperate society and we want it NOW!!!! In life Ladies and Gents it don't work that way...God....if I had to describe Him it would be this, God is not an instant God He likes to take his time to let His plan simmer and cook until it is the right time to let it happen, and ONLY then will He act. If we had our way everything would be moving in a fast forward motion and we would miss so much. I am thankful God has His own time and makes us wait...yes I DISLIKE waiting but, the lessons I am learning make it worth it in the end. But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NKJ) When we wait on God it builds patience I for one need to learn a few more of those but, it builds faith, trust and a relationship with our Father God aswell...from what I understand God has never promised an easy life, it would be nice sometimes to say life was easy but, I am thinking it might get boring after a while. I do not want an instant life I want to enjoy the blessings of a slow cooked life to savor the flavors of the experiences that God the ultimate chef has in store for me. Ok maybe sometimes it would be nice to have something thrown in that may not take as long to cook....I'm just saying.....

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.