Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Do you make promises? Do you keep them?

I dreamed of carrots and adopting kids, I was woke up again by a cat meowing and I believe I was praying for my friends and family before I was fully conscience what a night. My kids love doing devotions before bed, it is something we just started. Last nights was about making a vow to do something and following through with it. The story was about a missionary coming and talking to a class, the missionary asked can you give up one pop or candy bar a week, and give that money to help others?  Some of the kids said yes. Three of the boys were playing on a hot day and decided to get a pop. One boy said we can't, we promised to give one up and I have not done it yet. The other two said we will give up two next week and bought one. The boy was upset but he kept his promise. Promises are made to be broken....NOT!!!! If we can not keep a promise we should not make it. God keeps His promises to us, if we make a promise to someone and break it what is that telling them? In my opinion it is sending the message if you a believer is breaking your promise, what will God do? I do not want to send that message out to people so if I can not guarantee I can keep a promise I DON'T make them. it says in Numbers 30:2 If a man vows a vow to the Lord, or swears an oath to bind himself by some agreement, he shall not break his word; he shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth. (NKJ) it says in Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? (NKJ) What God says He does it is that simple, So my question is this if God keeps all of His promises shouldn't we? If we are to represent God here on Earth then, shouldn't we truly represent Him? I know that I have made promises that I could not keep and, it made me feel bad especially when it comes to my kids. If we say we will pray for someone, we need to do it, if we say to someone we will help them, we need to do it. One broken promise is to many God Does what He says, I believe He expects us to do the same. How can people trust us when we tell them about God if we make a promise and do not follow through? I challenge you today review what you say, if you are not sure you can keep your word do not give it, the hurt it can cause is so not worth it!

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.