Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bless the Lord when???

I totally knew what I was going to write about this morning. I do not know if I had dreamed it or, it just left so I am sitting here racking my brain trying to remember and something says don't forget to pray.....So I started to pray...I prayed for the sick, the ones needing a job...(hey I am in that group), my family and friends and what I would write about....during this time I kept having 2 scriptures running through my brain. I started thinking hmmmm maybe....so instead of sitting here befuddled I am running with it drinking my coffee on the way and praying I don't make a mess.....Psalm 34:1 says...I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth...(NKJ) I am sad to say that this is a lesson that has taken a long time for me to learn and I am still learning it. I relied way to much on me over the years and not on God. I did not bless the Lord at all times there were times in my life I wanted to just curse Him but, I did not. As much as I wanted to, there was something telling me not to. In life we tend to place people and things on pedestals and thinking highly of them kind of like a form of worship and therefore we break the 1st commandment. I am not saying this is something we set out to do but, it happens in our society today kinda like what Beth Moore said it is a Babylon....How can we bless the Lord at ALL times when our focus is somewhere else? when we look at other things I can almost guarantee we take our eyes off of God and our life will probably go South for the winter while we stay North. When we are down and tired and not wanting to go on we should bless the Lord at all times it says in Matthew 11:28-30  Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden light. (NKJ) Jesus was telling us we can go to Him when we are in need, when our life is falling apart when we are stressed, when we are hurting and He will give us rest....therefore we can bless the Lord at all times when we lay our burdens down and let God carry us through in good times and not so good times (I do not like the word bad) we can or should bless the Lord.....I am still learning I will always be learning and it is a journey I look forward to because I know that no matter what I am not alone.......

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.