Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Month of Thanksgiving....

As we enter November the month of Thanksgiving Let us remember the weary and down trodden and hold them up in prayer like Colossians 4:2 says Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful (NIV). I am Thankful for the blessings God has given to me and my family I challenge you to be thankful for something everyday in November and see how you feel at the end of it. In Psalm 100:4 it says Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; Give thanks to Him and praise His name. (NIV) When we come with a thankful heart we can see the work of God's hand more clearly (just my opinion) and appreciate what we see. It saddens me to see homeless families, lonely people and angry people, they need someone to love them enough to show them God. I want my life to reflect what what Colossians 3:15-16 says.....Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. (NIV) Being thankful is something we do willingly and from our hearts if we do not have a willing heart then we do not have a thankful heart (just my opinion again). I find life in general more pleasant when I have my heart in the right place...sure I have times when I am not real happy, especially when it seems like one bad thing after another is rolling in like relentless waves but, keeping my eyes on God and thanking Him for what is going right (what my idea of right is anyway) I have found myself at peace. Give thanks with a grateful heart everyday and pray for those around and see what God has in store.

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.