Monday, November 14, 2011

Please and Thank You

I read a status on FaceBook today and it said (the jist of it at least) it is not true that life keeps throwing one thing after another but, it is the same thing over and over. I replied I hear you there but, one thing I am figuring out is, if it is one thing over and over then there is a lesson God wants us to learn and, if I want to move forward I better learn it quick but, that is just my opinion. I feel that if we keep moving over the same ground and passing the same landmarks then maybe, we need to look at the situation and wear the knees out of our pants talking to God. We get going in our life and sometimes we forget about that chat with God we need to have on a daily basis. God will lead us where He wants us to go but, first we need to learn to read the road map a little better. When we are at "school" our Teacher wants us to pay attention and sometimes when we get distracted we get put into detention until we can listen. Our sinner nature likes to kick in and we find ourselves frustrated,  worried and heart broken and we try to deal with it on our own, instead of letting it go and letting God take over. With the Holidays rapidly approaching and we kick it into high gear and our focus is dragged to everything flowing around us do not forget to hold on to the hand of God so in those overwhelming, maddening, heartbreaking, stressful and chaotic moments you can be teachable, let God show you how to maneuver around the obstacles safely so you do not end up flat on your face. I can honestly say I have had some trying moments lately and sometimes I just want to throw in the towel and give up but, I remind myself that if I did that satan would win and I do not want that to happen. I can not promise you it will be easy life never is but, I will say you can find peace in God and His embrace if you will just let go and let God catch you. I have said before God is our safety net He will never fail us even when humans do. I understand that trusting God is something our sinner nature has a hard time with but, if you can allow your heart to really trust, God can minister to you and His touch is overwhelmingly beautiful. My heart breaks for those who are hurting and I wish I could take the pain away I find that I can not but, God can, I am finding that out for myself and it has taken a really lone time. I am eternally thankful for the pure simple fact that God wants to help us all we have to do is ask. If it were not for that juicy little tidbit I would be hopelessly lost. The Bible says in Matthew 7 ASK and it WILL be given, SEEK and you WILL find KNOCK and the door WILL be opened (paraphrasing here) now I do not believe God will say yes to everything because, He has a will for our lives and if what we are asking is not in the blueprints for our life then God will say no but, I firmly believe He will say yes to resolution of problems, taking away fear and bringing peace to our hearts. Just remember when asking for something to say Please and Thank You.

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.