Saturday, November 26, 2011

To Black Friday or To not Black Friday but, that is NOT the question...

I posted this on my Face Book and wanted to share it here and maybe add a bit to it keep in mind I copied and pasted so it will look different Ok I have been reading posts and comments and I have made a few comments on posts and at the risk of offending someone I am going to speak up now I because I am bothered a tad little bit by some of them......so I am sorry IF anyone gets offended but I will NOT apologize for what I am about to say......Ok I know some of you do not like Black Friday it is crazy out there but, I LOVE it not all parts of it but, most of it. and that is not what bothers me what does is this.....the feeling I get from reading some of the posts or comments is this, people are talking about how the crazys are out to get the good deal and they do not care about the real reason of Christmas (pausing here) Yes that is true Christmas has been commercialized so badly and it is a stomping ground for people to go a tad nuts which I do not approve but, it happens so I deal with it....moving on, then I read how there should be people out there handing out tracks and witnessing....(pausing again) true, it would be a great opportunity to share the gospel but, to approach someone and stop them from what they are doing there to do it, is not the way to get them to listen, and some of them KNOW God...ok off we go again.....I guess the better way to say it is this, the feeling I get is some people are almost angry and want to force God down someones throat to get them to see and I do not think that is how God would want us to do this....Jesus is all about compassion, love, kindness, caring, giving and so on. The Spirit of Christmas is all of those things too and I am not seeing any of it in some of what I am reading and it makes me sad. There almost feels like anger and dare I say an undertone of bitterness and hate in there too......we are the prime example to the world of what God wants us to show and we all have to watch our actions and words if we really want to win people over.....yes BF is a shoving match for some I know I got shoved but, it is also a good chance to get good deals and there are limits on what they have so yes there is competition to get stuff that is the unfortunate part of it all. People feel they have to push their way around to get what they are there for not all shoppers are there for Christmas the big items may be something they have been wanting and BF is a good time to get it. Do not like BF? then don't go but, please do not criticize the people that do, besides waiting in line is the best time to chat with someone and tell them about Jesus and witness to them to plant seeds get them thinking my opinion is, that is the best way to reach out to people standing on their turf where they are comfortable.....sharing Jesus is showing Jesus. I am going to guess if Jesus was standing in Wal Mart during the chaos He would have been kind and loving and I want to say He probably would have helped a few people out while He was there........ok I am done now......


I feel very strongly about this I do not feel bad about enjoying BF I am on a budget too and my daughter has a Birthday 5 days before Christmas but, my actions should speak of Jesus...I helped a lady out while I was there and she told me I was the kind of BF shopper she liked it made me feel good.....


That's my thought for the day,


Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.