Thursday, November 17, 2011

Do I have to???

At my age I am pretty set in how I think and how I do things and when it comes to lessons in life I am not fond of having to go back to school come on I was done with High School 19 years ago who wants to go back? Ok being young did have its advantages but.... I will always be learning with God as my Teacher there will be lessons (much needed ones at times) I need to learn and at this time one of them is learning to let my kids learn,  and there are some choices they must make for themselves I can not do it all for them. As a mom it breaks my heart to see my kids hurting my mama bear complex just rears it's head and wants to come roaring out to protect them but, there are times I have to let go and let them learn and figure out what they are going to do. It is no fun I hate feeling helpless while my child is hurting but, if I keep protecting them from everything they will not learn for themselves how to do it...I know I must sound like a broken record....there are no parenting classes to prepare us for this, there is no breathing exercise to ease the discomfort of it so How do I just let it go? God has a way of saying shhhh it will be okay...remember I am holding them they are not alone. so as I just watch and pray and hurt for my children their Heavenly Father is walking, holding and catching them when they fall. My kids have the perfect Guardian so why do I still feel so helpless? because I am human, mom, lover of my kids, fierce protector that wants to make it all better all of the time and I can not do that because I would hinder them from growing....there comes a time where I have to let go. God knows, He is there, He will walk with them. My job now is to love them, pray for them and give guidance to them while they still live at home. This is preparing them for their life and I have to accept that one day my nest will be empty and that will come all to soon. awww the lessons we must learn so difficult yet so important.....I must be taught so I can teach....

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.