Monday, November 21, 2011

just a little something.....

I know I posted about this before but I really liked it....It is a section from my book Just my opinion and I really hope and pray it touches someone's  heart somewhere out there...... P.S. because it is copied and pasted it may look a bit off.....be prepared.



With this week of Thanksgiving I am reminded of what I have and that there are those who have nothing. What I have is not a lot but, there are some with so much less and even when I get frustrated I have to admit at least I have a roof over my head, and a blanket to sleep with, and food for my table so I can feed my kids....there was a time I would have been homeless but God provided in a very lesson learning way. I have always been taught that when we pray we need to be specific and the situation I was in I thought I was being very specific but, God with His ultimate sense of humor was teaching me a well needed lesson instead and boy it took me a while to actually get it.When we were looking at being homeless I prayed to God and said I want a home that has walls facing North, South, East and West and a roof that does not leak....what did I get??? just add wheels and you have it on the nose, a twenty nine foot travel trailer it had the four walls and the roof does not leak....I call it the dreaded dream home....I THOUGHT I was being specific and well God has taught me that I need to be more so....now when I pray for my home I want to buy I am adding as many details to it as I can, so that I can make sure that what I want in a home, is what God will provide. When I ask why? God asks Why Not? It is not my place to ask God why, it is my place to trust that He knows what He is doing and, that I really will be okay. Like I said God has a sense of humor we just do not always "get it" or appreciate it like He does. God uses lessons in our life to help us to focus on Him and the telling people about Him. We need to ask God what we can do for Him and NOT what He can do for us. His name is NOT DUFUR you know....sorry side joke I lived in a small town called Dufur once and the saying was do not ask what can you  Do For Dufur but what can Dufur do for you? Yes it is funny and many people laugh go on I can pause while you laugh your head off.....all right done now? good shall we continue? Great let's go....as I was saying I believe God enjoys a good laugh once in a while, you know how we laugh at our kids? well I am sure God laughs at us too we are such funny people you know......When my family was in the trailer just so we are clear it was four people one over six feet tall and two cats and every time we moved or sneezed we bumped into someone it was cramped. I was so unhappy there and I blamed God for it but, what I did not think of is this God provided a roof for my family and I needed to make the best of it and not the worst of it and I did the latter......So back to blaming God for my situation I just knew He was punishing me and well He was not....instead of being thankful, I was resentful. Instead of knowing God was in control I fought it I would get into Tug Of Wars with God and in the end I ALWAYS ended up in the mud, FACE FIRST trust me I should have had a great complexion with all of the facials I was getting...but instead of learning I was stubborn (still can not figure out where my daughter gets it from) and dug my heels in and fought it every step of the way I made the choice (look it is about choices again) to NOT let go and NOT let God and well.....we all know where I ended up now don't we? I am determined to be thankful for what I have because it could have NOTHING and even then I would hope that I could be thankful.....I look at Job and what he went through it took strength, and courage, and will to make it through all of that and he did it. Not once did he curse God even with his friends urging him to. He stood fast, I would like to say that one day I will have the strength of Job, so I can overcome the trials that get catapulted at me sometimes. I want to be able to stand tall and never waiver in my trust in God. One day I do not know when but, With God on my side I can do all things through Christ it will happen.  It may not be today or tomorrow but there will be a day when I will stand tall in the face of adversity and I will be confidant in knowing that God is right there beside me.....I am still learning I know God is with me but, sometimes still, human nature takes control and I have to fight it to let go. As we go through this week of Thanksgiving really think about it and I bet you will find so much to be thankful for today and everyday of the year.....you know side note I like what I said maybe I will post it in my blog for the day....but remember it is just my opinion.

That's my though for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.