Monday, November 7, 2011

Do you drag your feet?

The smell of coffee is drifting in the air, the sounds of it finishing brewing is such a sweet sound. The first cup of coffee so warm and smooth just waiting to be swallowed and savored, there is nothing quite like it. Closing your eyes as you first sip it and enjoying the warmth as it coats your throat, embracing the quiet of the morning and.....then it is time to get the kids up......and the circus begins. The words every kid hates to hear "It's time to get up" and we push them and push them, they give a little attitude and finally drag themselves out of their warm cozy cocoons only, to keep dragging the appendages attached to their legs. By the time they are out the door you are well on your way to going gray or bald or BOTH.....it has struck me that with God we are a lot like our kids. He wants us to do something and we drag our feet, groan about it, complain and throw some attitude around. Unlike us God keeps His cool and "getting us out the door" may tend to be a task in it self but, God has infinite patience and He don't lose His cool. God gets what He wants and He does not take no for an answer. One difference is world war 3 never happens when God says it is time to get up, we only think it does because we are the ones dragging our feet. I do not want to drag my feet I want to jump in with both feet and say here I am God send me! Wherever He sends me I will go I may not want to but, when my Father speaks I want to listen. Do you?


That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.