Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Allergic to sin....

I am allergic to something and I am not sure what it is. I broke out in some pretty annoying hives yesterday and I am pumping my body with antihistamines to see if it will help. It does to a point I was able to sleep last night but, this morning they seem to be popping back up and bothering me again. If they don't get better I will be going to the Dr.... To figure out what is causing it will be a difficult task and I may not ever figure it out. Sin is like hives.....when we sin it bugs us, annoys us and makes what we did very much present in our minds where we can not seem to shake it....(at least it should but, just my opinion here). It nags at us, it makes itself known and may even drive us crazy the only way to get rid of it, is confessing our sin and asking for forgiveness for that sin. Otherwise, like the hives you will scratch at it trying to make it feel better and it will only get worse. There is no pill you can take to cure your conscience, or salve that can be put on it to relieve the symptoms of sin. Sin will spread and bug us until we are either numb to it, (and that is just sad) or it drives us to our knees begging God to forgive us. If we become numb to sin then, we are out of touch with God and, unless we turn around and climb back up that mountain out of the pit we are in, chances are we wont until we do not have a thread of rope to hang on to. We make choices, we can choose to climb or, we can let go and fall.....I want to climb I like knowing I am allergic to sin....we try to stay away from things we are allergic to....I know I do anyway, what about you?

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.