Sunday, September 25, 2011

How does your garden grow?

we talked about sowing and reaping at our Ladies brunch yesterday and I kinda want to explore that a little today. I look at my life and I can see where what was sowed made the reaping  not pleasant. I can also see where there was good sowing and the reaping was sweet. I look at my kids lives and I can see a mixture of really good sowing and some really NOT so good sowing. I am becoming more and more aware of the mistakes I make and I am asking God to help me with those. With God I can start sowing all good and seeing the best. Now I am not saying this is all for our benefit oh no, God will bless us and provide what we need, I am talking about what we sow in others people's lives. What we reap is not always ours.....Do not be deceived  God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows in the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:7-10 (NKJ) Our showing others God and helping them, praying for them, sowing good seeds in them is all part of going out into the world and preaching the Gospel. When we plant a garden we cultivate the ground first to make sure it is good soil then we plant and we watch, we wait (some more impatiently then others) and we get excited about the growth we see...(contrary to what some may think gardens do not grow fully over night) in the lives of people we sow seeds in, we need to do the same. They need Love, Prayer, encouragement and Gods word to grow they need the SON like our plants need the sun. In our lives we need to be nurtured, encouraged, loved and cared for too or, we will have the nasty weeds we all dislike growing up and choking out our life and robbing us of what we need....Let me tell you the Bible is a great weed killer...But I say: He who sows sparingly will reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully  will reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 1 Corinthians 9: 6-7 (NKJ) Giving of ourselves does not mean money it means anything we can give, volunteering in a school, or at an animal shelter or going and cleaning up the side of the road that is great sowing and cheerful giving (in my opinion). Mary Mary not quite contrary how does your garden grow? With lots of love and the Son of God and all of our friends in a row......


That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.