Monday, September 12, 2011

Ever feel like Gumby???

The last few weeks I have to say I have been pulled and stretched in so many directions. I really wanted to yell I CAN ONLY STRETCH ONE WAY, so give me my arms back....please but, I didn't I was a good girl. I have one direction I can go and that my friends is toward God....or so I thought.....I was reminded yesterday from someone at Church that being like Gumby may not be so bad after all. He Said "a person that can bend won't break" (Wow so feeling like the pretzels they served at their house warming party is a good thing I guess.). The thing is I am only human but, God is ALWAYS God and whatever we are going through in our lives He can see what has, is and will happen and, He will bring people into our lives that we as His children need to minister to or, be ministered to whether we realize it or not. I am not saying breaking is an awful thing (well it is not pleasant) but, as sinners we do need to break in places such as our will, stubbornness, sinful nature, impatience we have for waiting on God and so on. Once we break we should then be moldable and stretchable and bendable like GUMBY!!! God can and will work through us if we can and will bend the way He wants us to. I really want to figure out what God wants me to do...I want to minister in some way I just do not know where so, maybe being pulled in what felt like a gazillion different directions was a good thing and today I say God I am willing...use me, stretch me, and bend me where you need me.....Anyone know how to give a good back massage????


That's my though for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.