Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Are you 31 enough?

I am later in starting this morning because, I had to pray and ask God to give me what He wanted me to say, anything I came up with on my own I did not like. 31 came to mind and I thought oh ya, today is my 31st post I could do something about that. No that was not the point but, 31 kept coming to mind and I was struggling to figure out what when, TA-DA a light bulb lit in my head....Woman.....more specifically the Proverbs 31 woman. Growing up that has been a scripture that I have dearly loved to read, when I went to college that was the woman I wanted to become . The woman described in that passage (my opinion here) is strong, charming, giving, diligent, loving, kind, observant, compassionate, creative, full of grace and willing to give of herself. Today as we walk in our life how many of us can say those things about ourselves? I have questioned myself a few times. Then I read the prayer I wrote in my Bible (yes I write in my Bible) it was very simple...Lord make me like the woman in this Proverb. I want to be a woman that takes good care of ALL of those in her household this is my prayer...Amen. Looking back I can see that God has given me a heart for others, I am a giving person and I cry easily for those that are hurting. I am not going to say I am completely like the Proberbs 31 woman but, I am thinking that God is still working on me. There is a lesson in this passage for all of us men included, the person described here should be how ALL God's children strive to be.....ok ok guys I am not saying you need to act like a woman I am saying the characteristics of this passage we need to take on as our own.....We live our lives in a very desperate world and the world needs to know that there are people who care and are genuinely kind. There is so much hate in the world today it makes our job a little harder but, we have something GREATER, STRONGER and more POWERFUL than anything this world can throw at us and His name is JESUS......I present you a challenge today.....go out into all the world (or your neighborhood, town,or where ever you can) and proclaim the Love of God with kindness, giving, compassion and God's grace......are you 31 enough???

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.