Saturday, September 17, 2011

Give a flower...give a smile

We are at 99 days Yay for being below 100!

Do you remember the last time you were down and someone made you smile? How about when you felt like no one cared and someone showed you different? When we are in need God provides, He provides people to show us we are indeed thought of. When we give of ourselves I believe we are giving God and that is a really cool thing in my opinion. It is important to teach our kids to give of themselves and not to be selfish and think the world revolves around them. I know it sounds a bit harsh but, its true. I am telling you in this world of chaos there is a sense of kindness and love and giving, unfortunately they seem to be in the minority right now and I want to change that. Yesterday I taught my kids to give, I started operation give a flower we took flowers and went to a local nursing home and visited with the residents and gave them a flower. To watch their faces light up and to hear the staff tell us how much they enjoyed it was so wonderful. The important thing is my kids gave of themselves and enjoyed it. They learned that there are people out there that need a smile or a flower and they gave it to them. God has such great ways to help us teach our children important lessons and I am truly thankful for that. As a parent we must learn and teach sacrifice as well because there will be a time in their life they will have to sacrifice something. I want them to know that there is no sacrifice greater than what our Heavenly Father sacrificed for us, so that we may spend eternity with Him. It is not an easy thing to do but a necessary  one to teach these lessons to our kids. God trusted us with the task and I know I am not perfect but, with Gods help I think my kids will turn out ok.


That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.