Sunday, September 18, 2011

Got Grace?

I have been researching grace. I have been raised that God has grace for us and we should have grace for others. What does grace really mean? The Merriam-Webster dictionary says grace is 1. a. unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification. b. a virtue coming from God. 2. a. Approval, Favor b. Mercy, Pardon c. privilege. d. disposition to or an act or instance of kindness, courtesy, or clemency. e. temporary exemption..


Wow that seems like a lot to live up to. Now if God has all of that (and more of course) then we should have it for others as well. God gives us grace everyday, He showed that when He sent His son Jesus, to die for us the lowly sinner on this hunk of rock we call earth. When we deal with the people in our lives, how do we do it? Do we get annoyed, upset, frustrated and just want to be left alone? I know I do (with my kids a lot). Unfortunately I have not learned grace at least not the way God has it for us. It is a work in progress but, now that I have recognized it I am hoping that with God's help I can learn it. Living the Christian life is like being in school all over again, we have lessons we have to learn and, if we don't learn them we have to do them over and over again. We keep learning until we get a "passing" grade but, even then we still have to practice what we learn and use it otherwise, we will have to start all over again. I do not know about you but, it has been 19 years since I have been in school and I really do not want to repeat it. When God shows us grace He does not have to frankly, I would not blame Him if He did not show us grace but, He wants to (huge difference). When dealing  with our kids it is so important to try and show them grace, not because we have to but, because we want to. Our desire to be like God (I did not say to be God just keep that clear please) should be present and we should want to show grace. If God can and does show us (the ones who sin more then kids annoy the parents) grace how much more should we show it to others? Lord teach me how to show grace to others Amen...


That's my thought for the day,


Crazy for Christmas








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.