Saturday, September 3, 2011

Do you have an Attitude of Gratitude?

Are we Grateful? Well...are we? If I think about it, I am not always grateful. I was reminded of that yesterday. I have done 5 things to be grateful for off and on for years because, I feel if we find SOMETHING to be grateful for everyday, life just might be a little easier. I heard a song called Attitude of Gratitude yesterday (on a podcast Mark Lowry did) it was written by Bill Gaither, Mark Lowry and someone else but I did not quite catch the name....Mark Lowry said "if you're grateful you're just not miserable". That statement rings so true don't you think? Anyway I love those three words Attitude of Gratitude....I want to have one ALWAYS!!!!  Websters online dictionary says Gratitude means~ A feeling of thankfulness and appreciation. Thankfulness is something we have (or should have) been taught since we were kids. The Bible has something to say about being thankful for instance. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (NKJ). So God wants us to be thankful, grateful and to have an Attitude of Gratitude in EVERYTHING we do. Even in our prayers....so whether or not we are at peace or anxious, gratitude is important. Philippians 4:6 says Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God; (NKJ). Being grateful is not always going to be easy but, if you take a moment to look around you and see the wonder of God and His creation, I am thinking there will be something you can find to be grateful for. As Mark said "if you're grateful you're just not miserable"

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.