Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When you wake up first thing in the morning is it Coffee or God you think about?

I walked into my usual hangout spot in the mornings and was informed I was late it made me smile. It is nice to have a routine and that I am expected to be somewhere and missed when I am not there. I have been thinking about God and that little tid bit of info and realize that we should have a routine with Him. We should wake up and say good morning God how are you today? we should be eager to dive deep into His word so we can learn what He has to teach us. How many of us think about coffee the moment we wake up???? I am raising my hand here too so you are not the only one. I do quietly pray and talk to God but, I realized today I do not have a routine with Him and I bet He misses me. I have decided that I want to include Him in my morning routine. I am going to try to get up and greet God first before I do anything else...hey I have plenty of time on my hands I can find an online Bible to read or bring my own for that matter. My point is I need to make God my routine before anything else and, I admit that I do not always do that. Life gets in the way and I get distracted and reading my Bible tends to not be the priority. I do pray everyday and talk to God and I pray with my kids but, there is oh so much more I can do and I am determined to do it. I know I know that sometimes routines can get old and can make us feel like we are in a rut but, I think God may just have something else in mind God is not boring He may be the same yesterday, today and forever but in our life stability is a must to keep our sanity sane. I want to challenge you all to make God your routine make Him the one you greet first in the morning.

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.