Monday, February 20, 2012

Got Pharaoh??? NOT!

We are going through Exodus in Church right now and, we are in the part where Moses is trying to get Pharaoh to let God's people go. Of course Pharaoh being....um Pharaoh has said NO!!!! Now oh goody here comes the plagues.....The first is all the water turning to blood and the fish among other things are dead and the smell EWWWWW! Ok moving on by the way the next one is on it's way but, the thing that stood out to me the most is my Pastor said (side note I may not get it word for word but, I think I have the jist of it) God will sometimes bring us to our lowest point when we have no where else to go but, to God......I have to say that it kinda sounds a tad scary but, if we think about it, if all of the things that happen to us are meant to bring us closer to God, and He brings us to our lowest point to get us back to Him that is a good thing. He must think we are strong enough to handle it so I say bring it!!!! But, how long we are there may very well depend on us.... (that little bit was my idea). In some cases coming to our lowest point tends to make us stay there and that can be a very dangerous place to be....yes I said dangerous we walk away from God, and we harden our hearts. By doing that I am thinking the more like Pharaoh we will become and I do not want to be where he was. I am going to guess that he did not go up when he died and he is probably thinking he should have listened to Moses when he had the chance. On the other hand some tend to be more like Job and figure there is a lesson to be learned and they wait and see what God has in store. They continue to move forward and look toward God with the faith and courage it takes to know God will bring them through...I have to say I know a few people that are going through things in their life that I can not even begin to understand their feelings and yet they are looking to God and trusting Him even though the outcome is unknown. My friends I pray we can all have that kind of trust and faith in God knowing He is walking with us no matter where we are at. If not I pray that God will send someone to you to help you and pray for you having a friend can make a huge difference. When we think the world is against us remember that When God is for us no one will be against us (paraphrasing here) and I can say even if God is allowing us to be in the low place He is still for us.

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.