Monday, February 27, 2012

Fleeting Thoughts~

I had a really good idea for a post or a section of my book or something but alas it was a fleeting thought and I lost it, and can not seem to find it again. I started thinking about that and realized how often do we have fleeting thoughts, ideas or words? Yes I said words...so before I start I looked up the word fleeting and in the Merriam Websters online dictionary Fleeting means: passing swiftly.....Wow ok so back to fleeting words, how often do our words pass swiftly and soon are forgotten? When we say we will pray for someone or, we will stay in contact or, that we will do something, do we follow through? It also reminds me that as Believers we are examples of who God is. If we have fleeting words we are not showing God's true nature. If we are fleeting then the chances are they will think God is fleeting as well, and that is so NOT the case. In our everyday lives we face so much but, God is always there for us and He ALWAYS does what He says He will do. We are NOT a fleeting thought for God and I am eternally thankful for that so back to us......When we tell someone something we need to follow through, plain and simple whether it is our kids, friends, family or a perfect stranger whoever it is we need to not be fleeting to them. Think about this if we are fleeting with our kids how will they be as adults? I am not willing to find out that is for sure. The only thing I want to be fleeting is the ugly things in our life those can pass as swiftly as they want to and it will not bother me in the least. I want to be known as a follow througher....(yes I know it is not a word but I said it anyway) not someone who only speaks.....actually having a fleeting word in my opinion is no better than lying and the Bible says in Colossians 3:9-10 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. (NIV) When we become Believers we take off our old selves and put on new ones. I believe, if we are to be in the image of our Creator then we need to follow through with the things we say we will do so, the example we set will be a reflection of God not sin.

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.