Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Do you Faux Pas? Come Now be HONEST!

I am sitting in McD's this morning listening to the kids play and wondering what I should write about....not such an unusual thing for me except maybe the place.....As I sit here I am hearing the ummmm "older" people talking and some of the conversations are quite interesting to say the least. I think back to when my grandparents were alive and listening to them tell stories and how they spoke and today in hearing these ummmm "older" people it was very different yet they seem to be the same age my grandparents were.  So why am I finding it unusual? the generation is different. I was a child listening to my grandparents and these conversationalists were about my parents age now I am my parents age and they are the older generation. I had always presumed the type of things would be the same but, they are not. What would have been a faux pas back then is now considered acceptable. As Believers do we commit these same faux pas in how we speak or do things? God has never changed how He wants us to live, He has never changed in how he wants us to speak, act or think so what has changed to make some of what we do acceptable in the worlds standards today??? What has changed is the fact that some live by the worlds standards and not by God's. Hey now....if we were honest with ourselves we would admit that we all do it in some way or another yes I said we ALL do it. It is called sinner nature and we are all sinners saved by grace, well we are all sinners some have not been saved....yet...........We should strive to live by God's standards and not the worlds because, He never fails, Never changes and ALWAYS  loves us no matter what faux pas we may commit....can the world say that??? No, nope, nada, negative absolutely NOT!!!!!!! I have a question why would we want to try to live up to imperfect standards for an imperfect world when all it will cause is heartache and disappointment? I can not answer that question can you? I am open to discussion about it. I know I will never be perfect I do not want to be that is entirely to much responsibility. What I do want is to try my very best to live up to the standards God has set and be happy with the fact that He will not let me down or faux pas me in my life. If I do that I have the feeling that no matter what the world thinks of me I am gonna be just fine in the care of my savior my faux pas and all.

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.