Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Father knows best

I was talking about trust with my Pastor and my sister in the last few days, I have made it no secret that I have a problem with trust. Unfortunately it has flooded my relationship with God and that I do not like. I am learning though God is patient with me and He is showing me that trusting Him is a really good thing. My pastor said on Sunday God has to remind us sometimes, so WOW He has to remind us His children of so much because like our own we tend to forget. My sister says my trust issues has to do with my relationship with my dad! Growing up was not the happiest of times in my life, some of the hurt has been mended but, there is a lot more that needs to be done. In both conversations healing was mentioned it never occurred to me that healing from past hurts would keep me from trusting fully the one who loves me the most and will NEVER let me down. I may not always be happy with what He has planned but, in the long run He knows whats best. If I accept it and not fight it I may find it is not be as hard I as I always think it is. Father knows best, let me clarify that, our Heavenly Father knows best. God has showed me, He has reminded me that  He is in control, He will provide and He will never let me just hang. Now if I make choices that lead to things that can not be good, that is on me, God gave us a free will and I can not blame Him for things I decided to do.  I have found He lets me learn from those choices and oh boy what lessons they are. God is good and His mercy endures forever He walks with us and wants to talk to us we just need to allow that. In all things in our lives Trust is important...Got Trust?

Proverbs 3:5-6
 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

Trust is not easy but, trusting God is better then the alternative...a lesson that we all should learn.

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.