Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Where are you Christmas????

I recently did Relay for Life in my county, I have done it now for the past 3 years being Captain each time. I want to make a difference so I do what I can to make that happen. Most by now know how much I LOVE Christmas and it is no secret at Relay either. I had my heart ripped out and stomped on and it trickled down to my daughter, by people I had thought were my friends, all because of Christmas. I had to ask myself what would Jesus want me to do and the obvious answer was forgive them so, I did. I also held my head down every time I went past their site and avoided them at all costs....my sinner nature would have taken over and said something to them and that would have made it worse. In the morning I was stopped by two of them they apologized to me and gave me a hug. One said she was sorry for not sticking up for me and that she loved me. It made my very tired heart smile and if you know what Relay for Life is you will understand tired.

Today I am going to ask you a question what is Christmas really? Today, I am going to answer that question from my point of view. According the the Merriam Webster online dictionary Christmas means *Christian feast on December 25 or among Eastern Orthodox Christians January 7 that commemorates the birth of Christ and is usually observed as a legal holiday. Oh that is so dictionaryish isn't it? So to put it in simple words Christmas is about Christ.

The whole feeling that surrounds Christmas the peace, joy, goodwill towards men, love, kindness, giving I can keep going here if I really need to. But, I believe that is something we should do EVERYDAY not just for a season. When the Holiday is over people put Christmas away and it seems they put Christ away too.... the feelings get stored away with the lights, decorations and tree. Where did it all go?? in the basement, attic or garage but, Why? I celebrate Christmas everyday because I never want to forget to live Jesus and spread His love everyday. Christmas is not about presents or it is not supposed to be. Christmas is about Loving the unloved, being kind to those who don't get kindness, giving joy to those who are sad, having goodwill towards all man, woman and child no matter what time of year it is.  It breaks my heart that people forget that, no matter what we may be going through someone else is going through something too, whether it is worse or not it is still a hardship, stress and heartache for them. Everything in me is asking Where are you Christmas???? Why are you so hard to find? and Why can't people just believe in the feelings of Christmas to live them all year long? The answer to that is something I may never know. So please do me a favor, if you see someone who loves Christmas, don't criticize them, just enjoy their giving spirit and let them spread some cheer.




That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.