Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dear Aiden~

Dear Aiden~

Even though I have only met you a few times I feel like I knew you through your mom Reese, my best friend since childhood. I have watched you grow through pictures and read Aidenisms that would make me laugh, I have sent comforting thoughts when you were sick and mommy was worried and even though I was not there physically I was there in my heart. The things your mom and I would do as kids were fun, wacky and to say the least interesting, we were practically inseparable Grandma and Grandpa were like my second parents. Even though we had struggles mommy and I stuck together like glue. Daddy and I went to High School together, we graduated together, went to youth group together I even told mommy when she was in the 7th grade they would one day get married. When I found out you were sick my heart broke for you, for your mom, for your dad, for your family. I wanted to help to make it go away but, I did not know how to so  I prayed and prayed and sent encouraging thoughts. I wanted to grab you and hold you, hold your mom but, being so far away I was unable to. When you  moved back to the states one thing or another prevented me from being able to go to you and be there for your family so instead I prayed, cried and prayed some more. I have watched the journey of this last year rejoicing in the victories and mourning with the set backs. Watching your mom and dad and whole family being so strong, watching you be strong and standing so solid on the rock of your faith oh the have the faith of  a child like you had...seeing what the monster did to you but seeing you overcome was amazing. Aiden you are truly an inspiration to many, your great courage and strength to not give up is awe inspiring. My heart broke when I found out you were gone I want to help but again, I do not know how to. The pain your family is feeling is more then I can know, you will be missed by many some who knew you and others who don't. My heart breaks for your Mother who loves you more then any can know, for your Father who has showed great strength through all of this but, deep inside is in pain, for your brother who said you were born to make people happy, for your sister who loved you and for your little brother who was your best friend...for you I mourn but, I also rejoice for you are now walking the streets of gold playing with Jesus, and you are in no more pain. Losing you is hard but, it is not good bye, there are no good byes when we are bound for Heaven. Aiden when I do Relay for life this year I will be relaying for you and every other child that has suffered this disease. I am going to do my best to raise awareness so that one day maybe just maybe, there will be one who will survive....I love you lil man I miss you but, I will not say goodbye, just until we meet again.

That's My Thought For The Day,

Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.