Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hello, Goodbye and Hello again

In a whirlwind of events there are a variety of emotions and thoughts that have come across my mind, a ton of questions with no answers...on one hand the joy of a father being able to protect his son and on the other the heart break of a father, mother, sister and brothers losing a son and brother. I am overjoyed for one friend and my heart is breaking for the other. Saying hello comes easy saying goodbye...Yesterday they said goodbye to their son as he went into the arms of God. For almost a year now we have been praying for life and healing to come into this little boy as he battled this monster called cancer. Not just any cancer, it was DIPG (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma) a 0 survival rate cancer. The feelings his parents must have had I could never imagine, the pain they had the anger maybe the complete feeling of being helpless. Yet with all of this just dropped on their lives they stood up to it, they held their heads high and fought right alongside their son as he fought the toughest battle of his young life. He was the bravest little man who held fast to his faith and stood his ground against the one who is here to kill, steal and destroy. He never gave up even when things we take for granted got hard or impossible to do. He impacted so many lives and brought joy to everyone with his humor and smile. The gap he has left by being on earth can not be filled anytime soon but, Heaven is overflowing with love and joy for the newest angel that has come home. I will admit that in my prayers I started praying for Gods will to be done and not our own, I almost wish I would have been selfish and pleaded for the will of ours to be done but, with my sorrow would have come disappointment, and anger at God for not answering this prayer so fervently prayed for so long...the thing is God did answer the prayers but it was a, it is time to come home your work here is done answer...so now I question what are my friends feeling? deep heart wrenching sorrow or some relief that he is no longer suffering or a combination of both? I do not know but, now for them I pray peace, comfort and healing for their breaking hearts and the joy of one day they will again say hello...

That's my thought for the day,

Crazy for Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.