Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Merry Christmas Eve 6 months early!!!!!

Yes it is indeed exactly 6 months from Christmas Eve and I have decided on a new tradition for my family (because I just love traditions). But, before I get to telling you about it I am going to sidetrack just a smidge. if you have been reading the previous posts you may have gathered there is something up with the family. It has been tremendously difficult on all of us hence the new tradition (in hoping for uplifted spirits). There have been some people who have been there and I want to thank you for your support and you know who you are. There have been some who have said they were supportive but......well it was not so much supportive and somewhat hurtful. I am not sure you know who you are but, I refuse to name names. With that said I am still peachy and there is a long road ahead but, I am hoping that there is hope to be found in this post so that it may help someone who may need to be uplifted.

On the day before the 6 months until Christmas (THE GREATEST BIRTHDAY EVER) the house was busy with preparations for the half yearly Christmas celebration. The decorations were already up because they really didn't come down (well sort of the cats love to play with them). Harry Connick Jr was playing Christmas music while there was tons of things to be done. There were stockings to be hung, lights to be lit and gifts to be wrapped. and dinner to be made but, mostly there was Jesus to remember and the reason we have that special day. Why? you ask do I celebrate everyday of every year? Well I will tell you because, we should celebrate Jesus everyday and spread the love, joy, peace, goodwill toward all, kindness and all the things that surround Jesus. Christmas is ALL about Him so why should we only celebrate for a season? Even in my struggles I celebrate because without Jesus I would be so very lost. I struggle with my faith but, in my struggles I see God's hand on my life I have seen Him provide when I thought all was lost. I will tell you that His answers are not always what I want to hear but, then I am reminded He has something better in store for my life. I have to be patient that little 7 letter word which at times can seem so ginormous and something I never ask for but, God seems to find a way to teach me. Waiting has never been a strong quality in me and at times I stomp my foot and yell at God about something......for instance before I got my car back I was walking the mile to the bus in the pouring down rain. I was yelling at God and I said WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY???? THAT I'M THANKFUL TO BE WALKING??? FINE I'M THANKFUL TO BE WALKING!!!!!! not more than 2 minutes later a friend of mine who was going to work early in the opposite direction pulled over and offered me a ride. Not just to the bus station but, all the way to where I was headed. Talk about being humbled wow....so I guess my whole point is Jesus is there 24/7 so in turn we should thank Him, love Him, talk to Him, CELEBRATE HIM at all times not just for a short season. He will be there if you only ask. Merry Christmas may Joy, Love, Faith, Peace and Goodwill be ever present in you and your life.

That's my though for the day,

Still Peachy but so very Crazy for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by, God Bless you.